Sunday 29 March 2015

GUEST BLOGGER - Krisy Podolak - #2

Good evening everyone. Today I have the wonderful Krisy back guest blogging 2 backgrounds with 2 different layouts. 


I hope you enjoy. 

Lydia xxx

------------------------------------------------


Thank you Lydia for inviting me back again.  

Today I am going to share two different layouts using a very similar background.  I want to show by using different embellishments and colours something very simple can look and feel very different.

Firstly, the Background.  I was inspired by the current trend of ink/paint splashes and stamping.  I have this really groovy triangle roller stamp that I picked up in a pack through an online garage sale site.  Until now I have never used it but triangles are in so it was time to break in this bad boy.  Using Stayzon Ink I rolled the triangles on the card in random areas but kept the pattern going in the same direction.  Once I was happy with the triangles, using Heidi Swapp colour shine I spattered colour on to the paper randomly.  I did this by unscrewing the lid and flicking the paint from the tube attached to the sprayer.  Once I was happy, I let this dry.  I repeated this process a second time.  You will never get an identical looking page and you can add more or less depending on how you feel.


It doesn’t look like much at this stage but its all about the layers and the embellishments.

Once the backgrounds were dry, I used one to create quite a feminine layout of my daughter, Poppy and I scrapbooking.  I used the new  Bo Bunny Pincushion  Collection (Bits N Pieces, layered chipboard and Combo Stickers) to create a layered effect around the photo. 


The photo is overexposed in the top corner due to the window being behind us but I just embellished a little more in this area.  I love the photo and it’s the first photo that I can see myself in Poppy so I wanted to use it. The words are from aKaisercraft Chapter One piece of paper that I have been hoarding.  I have quite a few piece of paper that I have been saving for sometime actually a really long time, so my goal this year it to USE my stash

Additional embellishments I used: Twine, Sequins, Flair, Studio Calico Wood Veneer, Stampin Up Stamp, ribbon Bow.

With the second layout I went a lot simpler.  I used the New Simple Stories Say Cheese Collection teamed up with a little Studio Calico Wood Veneer and D-Lish Scraps Glitter Bow I wanted this page to be about the photo.   The layering of embellishments is something new for me.  I haven’t used embellishments like this before but I like the way it looks. The more I look at this layout I think it could have used something more.  Perhaps more layers of triangles over the top of the existing ones so that it doesn’t look so flat? What do you think?


So that’s it.  Two very different Layouts using one very similar background.

 Krisy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment